Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Wil Wheaton is a golden god!

Greetings all! Happy post Labor Day posting to one and all! I hope everyone had a fantastic cook out weekend because in Chicago the weather has been awesome! It is finally getting fall-ish here and I love it. I love that I can sleep with my window open and not turn on the AC! I love that leaves crisp off of my windshield as I as I run my windshield wipers every morning. I love that my girlfriend is annihilating me at Halloween costume readiness three weeks before October even starts. It's time to break out the apple cider and cinnamon doughnuts and get ready for a long snowy winter of playing board games! Which brings us to the featured speech of the day (to all of those with sensitive ears be careful be cause this video contains quite a few eff bombs.)




Wil Wheaton earned early fame as the main character, Gordie Lachance, of the Rob Reiner classic film Stand By Me. He went on to be a featured annoyance in Star Trek: the Next Generation being the know-it-all that learns how to bend time and space and nearly gets kicked out of Starfleet Academy. Eventually, (and somewhat eerily forecast in Stand By Me) Will became a writer and a hero of all things geek on the interwebs. His blog once at wilwheaton.net is a fantastic place to read about all things geeky with the in crowd. This speech was delivered at PAX Prime and is a really touching story.

No comments: